Friday, September 27, 2013

First Day of Fall


Pine cone Necklace: Auction
Acorn Necklace: Swiped from Mom
Butterfly and Floral Ring: Gift from Brother
Red Leather Belt: Wall's Outlet
Silk Blouse: Thrifted
Velvet Skirt: Thrifted
Gianni Bini Heels: Dillards (clearance)

News flash...the first day of Fall was last Sunday.  Yeah I know, I'm a bit late, especially in this instant day and age!  Whatever.  The weather cooperated (it was a miracle) with the calendar.  We had a crisp Fall day by our standards.  I was so excited to be able to wear this velvet skirt so early!  And yeah I just had to throw on the pine cone and acorn necklaces. :o)

Forest Gump says, "Life is like a box of Chocolates."  I say, "Life is like Texas Weather, you never know what you're gonna get."

Alright, so I sense you wondering about the ma-hoo-sive rock I'm standing on.  Hubby dug it up out of the middle of our driveway...with a shovel.  And moved it to it's current resting place all by his manly self!  Oops, getting distracted... :o)

So this rock stuck up in the drive about the size of a shoebox.  A weird shaped shoebox for sure.  Every time we backed out we would bump-bump over that dang rock.  Then we would worry that it wasn't the rock, but one of our cats didn't get out of the way!  So we'd stop, get out, look under with fingers crossed and be half irritated, half relieved to see that rock.  Hubby couldn't take it anymore and started digging, and digging, and digging.  And now I have a new prop for blog photos! :o)

JJ

Linking up with Passion for Fashion


7 comments:

  1. Hi JJ. Beautiful outfit. Love your sparkling ring. Sooo pretty. The heels are amazing. Your story made me smile.Yeah sometimes it's hard not to get distracted ;-)

    Have a great Sunday
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya. I held my breath getting that shot of the sun sparkling off my ring. :o)

      Delete
  2. Oh good lord...that ring, that skirt, the print mixing!!! Love it all! And the big rock too.
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good lord...that ring, that skirt, the print mixing!!! Love it all! And the big rock too.
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome :o)