Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Paisley Perfection


Hat: DIY
Rose Earrings: Maternal Great Grandmother's
Red Beads: Paternal Great Grandmother's
Ruby Ring: Gift from Hubby
Belt: Local Leather Shop
Vintage Dress: Thrifted
Petticoat: Self Made
Purple Suede Heels: Dillards (clearance)

This dress cost a whole $0.15, yes you read that right, 15 cents!!!  It was bag day at the local thrift shop.  Oh yeah!  Whatever I could stuff in, even sticking out the top, for $3.

I snatched this dress up thinking I would refashion it.  Imagine my surprise when I got home and it fit and looked great as it  I hadn't checked the size or even held it up to my body at the shop!

Alright, my hat, this was its maiden voyage.  I "made" it a year ago, but had yet to find the right outfit to wear it with.  It was a "bow" on top of my birthday present last year.  I told the friend it came from that it was going to become a hat.  She said, "I thought you might do something like that with it." :o)  Yes, my friends know me well.

I really wanted to do a twirl or two, but we were taking these photos on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant we ate at after church.  Oh, and said restaurant is downtown. :o)

JJ

Linking up with Passion for Fashion

18 comments:

  1. JJ you look gorgeous and so very happy. I love love love the tull hat. It's cute and beautiful.
    Sorry for being late. I had no internet the past three days.

    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :o)

      No internet for 3 days! I bet you got a lot done at home...my house is always cleaner when the internet is down. :o)

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous, and I don't think it would be possible to get a better deal on that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is fabulous! And the little fascinator hat is adorable!
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. Funny, it made me happy that you know what kind of hat it is. :o)

      Delete
  4. I love your headpiece, and the pretty pattern on the dress...I used to wear a lot of paisley print... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. Paisleys are so much fun to stare at...mesmerizing. :o)

      Delete
  5. I love a bargain, and that dress is a dream one.
    The whole look is magic.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much Sacramento! I did have to blink a few times to be sure I was really seeing what I was seeing when I put it on. :o)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE this dress! So pretty! And what a bargain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. I had to check my math to be sure it really was that cheap. :o)

      Delete
  7. holy sheet!! this is print perfection ! paisley is my all time fave print, and this dress is stunning!! what a wonderful dress to own, and you look fabulous in it! Thanks for linking up to Passion for Fashion, hope you'll join us again tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) Thanks Rachel. Yes, paisley...truly a classic!

      Delete
  8. just found your blog! love love love this look! paisley is the best and this headpiece really adds something! xoxoRach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me! I hopped over to check you out and am now following you. You had me at the sweaters alone. :o)

      Delete

Comments Welcome :o)