Monday, November 24, 2014

Feeling Corny


Autumn Crown: DIY
Gold Hoop Earrings: Gift from Hubby
Necklace: Thrifted
Ceramic Watch: TJMaxx
Fox Tie Belt: Thrifted
Blouse: Self Made (New Look 6808)
Skirt: Self Made (from a tablecloth)
Yellow Tulle Skirt (worn under as a petticoat): Self Made
Vintage Heels: Thrifted

This is one of my top favorite outfits!  I am just tickled it came out exactly how I envisioned!

I should have taken a good closeup of the blouse's fabric (you can see a bit of it in the belt photo).  The print is Indian corn with metallic outlines.  I love Indian corn, the colors are just soooooo beautiful!!!  I bought the fabric intending to make a blouse to wear for Thanksgiving last year, but didn't know what pattern to use so it never got done.  Fast forward to this year when I finally knew which pattern would be perfect for it.  It has such a cute vintage look that is darling made up in novelty prints.  I plan on making more of these blouses for sure!  The pattern calls for a side zipper, but so many sewists blogged that they didn't need it.  I made a quick muslin for fit, sans zipper, and pulled it over my head.  Sure enough...it worked!  *Happy Dance* :o)  Another thing I got to skip was interfacing the collar.  The metallic printing on the cotton made it plenty stiff on its own.  Instead of doing the collar facings, I finished it with bias tape.  I ended up grading out to a size larger at the hips (the blouse is almost tunic length) and putting slits in the sides for when I wear it untucked with jeans.  Guess what I'm wearing on Thanksgiving. :o)

I've been wearing my leaf crown as much as possible...running errands, a day at the school, church, everywhere I can before Thanksgiving ends and Christmas takes over.

JJ



10 comments:

  1. I want you to post a picture of it with jeans! I think it is so great that you are so talented, to have a vision and bring it to life with your sewing machine. Also, that's a pretty cool background you got going on there. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to decide which jeans to wear with it! I've narrowed it down to four choices. :o) We'll be at the farm for Thanksgiving, so yes, outfit photos will happen!

      We only went a couple miles out of the way to take photos here. It's an old abandoned store at a railway junction.

      Delete
  2. Big poofy skirt! Love it! Perfect autumn outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this...that skirt is beyond amazing. And I love it even more that you wear your leaf crown everywhere...you rock!!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halfway through Thanksgiving Day the leaf crown got broken...I'll be fixing/making a new one next year! :o)

      Delete
  4. Such an artist. You are a genius
    Fabulous contrast backdrop
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my fav outfit of yours too. The fall leaves crown is the perfect accessory. I do wish you took some close up photos of the clothes, especially when you've made them yourself. Like the tie belt is great. I want to see the top, the skirt, and the slip, each one up close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make an effort to add detail photos to the bottom of this post. Don't hold your breath though, it is a crazy busy month after all. :o)

      Delete

Comments Welcome :o)