I'm joining in at the last possible moment in Sew for Victory! I wouldn't have been able to, but Rochelle extended the deadline. Yay!!!
So in a couple of hours this afternoon, I took a tablecloth and sheet and turned them into what you see here. Quite in the spirit of "Make do and Mend". :o)
The skirt was super, super easy!!! As you can see in the before picture, it was already hemmed and trimmed. I simply cut out a circle waist and stitched in a gold elastic waistband. I'm wearing my Yellow Tulle skirt (seen Here and Here) as a petticoat.
The top was almost as easy. I used the top band of the sheet for the bottom hem of my blouse. I cut the facings out of the circle bit I removed from my tablecloth/skirt. No one can see them, but I like knowing they coordinate. :o) The top is Simplicity 1692 view D. I omitted the darts at the waist and put slits in the side seams.
The ring I'm wearing is a piece of Trench Art brought home by Hubby's Grandfather from WWII!