Friday, February 14, 2014

My Favorite Hat


Hat: Tea Shop
Pearl Earrings and Ring: Gifts from Hubby
Necklace, Sweater, Belt, Skirt, Shoes, Purse: Thrifted

I didn't even realize I was wearing a full on thrifted outfit until just now.  Sweet!  I love thrifting, I can find clothes that I love at a price my wallet loves.  Sometimes you have to look at things a little differently than when you're shopping at say, the Mall, but that's part of the fun for me.  It makes me kinda giddy to rescue things. :o)

My little sweater was marred by set in coffee stains, but that didn't stop me one second.  I know the power of a ton of OxiClean in a sink left to soak For.ev.er!

The oh so soft fur purse had no lining and a dinky beaded strap. Pfft!  I sewed in my own lining (wish I had taken a photo of the inside, it has fishing poles and lures), with pockets the right sizes for my phone and lipstick(s).  I had the houndstooth fabric for a pencil skirt that I never got around to sewing, it made the perfect strap.

My beautiful skirt is about three sizes smaller than I normally wear!  I don't look too closely at sizes when thrifting, many wonderful things wouldn't be in my closet if I did.  In a thrift shop you are seeing sizes of varying decades, styles, and stores.

Do you like to thrift shop too?

JJ

Linking up with Passion for Fashion


30 comments:

  1. Yep I can see why it is your fav hat. It would be mine too JJ. Just popping in to wish you and your DH a Happy Valentine's day.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a poet with the best skirt and smile in the world, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Love and sunshine, my gorgeous friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Linda...I will pass on the photo compliment to Hubby. :o)

      Delete
  4. Thrift shops are amazing - we call them 'charity shops' here, and I get a large proportion of my clothes from them these days, as I love vintage too, and it's a great way to pick up some unusual pieces.

    I love your shoes here! Px

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these shoes too, but I can't say if they're my favorite or not. I have too many beautiful shoes to pick a favorite I'm afraid. :o)

      Delete
  5. You are so adorable! These photos are gorgeous and so is that hat! I'm pretty obsessed with thrifting as well (as you know), you can get affordable AND unique things, it's wonderful :)
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) Thanks Miche, and I'll pass on the photo compliment to Hubby.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh I think I have that exact same hat! It was my grandmothers. It's fuchsia with the bow in the back and ostrich feathers and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have an amazing collection of accessories!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juliet! I just skimmed over your blog and found plenty of beautiful things to look at. :o)

      Delete
  8. OMG...you are adorable...you look like you just jumped out of another era. And that hat, can we talk? I love it! From the back it's almost girly 3 musketeers, which makes it totally cool. You're my hero. :)
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your completely unique sense of style and fun approach to blogging. Very different than most, and I like that!

    xo Jackie

    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't still be doing it. :o)

      Delete
  10. You are in my post today.
    Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OhMyGosh!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny thing, I totally thought of you when I bought the seashell belt I'm wearing. I think my head is swelling from the attention, I hope my hat still fits! :o)

      Delete
  11. That's a beautiful hat - Love all your thrifted items, that's the way it should be and i love how you mixed it all up-

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Iove thrifting and recently I realised I love rescuing things ,too. That's how I know i'm in too deep into thrifting!
    Your outfit is great . What's not to like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like being a superhero...saving clothes from disaster! :o)

      Delete
  13. Such sweet outfit, I like the color scheme going on.=)

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome :o)